Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Where do I even begin?  I returned from Ghana, Africa one week ago today.  Although it is nice to be back home in the beautiful USA, there are so many things I miss about the country of Ghana.  Out of everything, I miss the smiles most.  I have never seen such beautiful expressions of joy.  Even in their extremely poor conditions, the children overflow with pure happiness!

 
 

Buried deep within me, the mission of Catalyst Pops journeyed to Africa.  During my adventures, the Lord continued to reassure my plan to kick-off Catalyst Pops once I returned home.  I know with everything in me that He is calling me to awaken Americans to the desperate needs of the surrounding world.  He is calling me to be the voice of the sufferers far away.  He is calling me to be the voice of the thirsty. 


 
How the Lord works never fails to amaze me.  During one of our days in Ghana, our team took a short 5 1/2 hour drive to the African village of Hodzo Wodome.  The poverty I witnessed at this village was unfathomable.  It was so difficult for me to grasp the reality that humans actually live in such an environment.  I was given the opportunity to pump water from a well for the villagers.  Never would I have imagined getting to do something on this specific trip that directly aligned with the mission of Catalyst Pops.  Out of all the amazing experiences I had in Ghana, nothing compared to using my arm strength to provide clean, fresh water to Ghanaians within the African bush.  This is exactly what Catalyst Pops supports.  This is where my heart lies!


 
 
 
Now that I have kissed the faces, heard the voices, touched the hands, there is nothing holding me back from dedicating my time, energy, and effort to saving the lives of those around this world. 
 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."  Albert Pine
 
Do something immortal.  Place a Catalyst Pops order and save a life today! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment